Study Rooms: Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. They may not be reserved for meetings. Classes: Instructors may bring classes into the library for group work, but should plan ahead of time with the Library Director. Classes MAY NOT monopolize library computers. Events: The library may be used during off hours for special events. These should be arranged well in ... read full answer
Go to the online bookstore (bookstore.mbsdirect.net/vbm/vb_home.php?FVCUSNO=35817&url=SVC.HTM). There is a link to the bookstore on the SVC homepage (svc.edu). Click on "Campus Store..." ...Then, on the Campus Store page, click on the Book Store link.
Steps for each database are located here!
Only library-related materials are allowed on bulletin boards. We will make exceptions if there is room and the content is appropriate. Posting requests should be brought to the Library Director for approval. Library bulletin boards include: Library entrance Wall above library copier Mansion second floor across from 203 No flyers, brochures, handouts, etc. are allowed on library tables, ... read full answer
For copying and printing, yes. However, it doesn’t cost much, and your Student ID is loaded with printer money every semester. Costs are outlined in the table below: Size B/W Price (per sheet) Color Price (per sheet) Letter (8.5"x11") $0.03 $0.10 Legal (8.5"x14") $0.04 $0.12 Tabloid (11"x17") $0.06 $0.20 Duplexing (printing double sided) saves 1 cent pe ... read full answer
1. Scan your Student ID. 2. Select "Secure Print." 3. Select your print job, then touch the "Options" button. 4. Under the "Duplex" drop-down menu, change the setting to Simplex. 5. Press the "Set Options" button, then Print + Delete as normal.
You can find this out by doing a title search. Go to the library website’s Find Sources page (http://svc.libguides.com/Library/findsources). Under “Other options,” select the “Title search” tab, and search for the journal you’re looking for. The results screen will show you which databases contain the journal.
The latest issues of magazines and print journals are located on the spinning magazine rack in the reading room. Recent newspapers are on the newspaper shelf in the stacks room. Old issues of magazines and print journals are shelved with books. Old newspapers are held in storage. If you’d like to see a past issue of a newspaper, just ask a librarian! All of these items can be used within the ... read full answer
Yes. We can find most books through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) system. However, we cannot borrow textbooks from other libraries. To learn more, visit our Interlibrary Loan page (https://svc.libguides.com/Library/ILL).
1. Go to the library catalog (libcat.svc.edu). 2. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. 3. On the "Your Summary" page, you can view the details of every book you have checked out, including their due dates.
1. Go to the library catalog (libcat.svc.edu). 2. Click “Course Reserves.” 3. Search for your class by course number or course name. 4. Select a class to see what textbooks we have on reserve for it.
That depends on who you talk to! We were featured in an October 2015 episode of SciFi Channel’s Ghost Hunters. (Season 10, episode 10: “Darker Learning”) The library keeps a log of ghost stories on reserve – and we have a form on our website (svc.libguides.com/ghosts) that people can fill out to tell us of their own experiences!
Yes! If appropriate, we can: Post events on our calendar, which shows on our webpage. Spread the word via our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Create a book display (with student input) to promote an event. Host a collection box for food or clothing drives, etc.
1. Scan your Student ID. 2. Place papers face-down on the glass or face-up in the document feeder. 3. Select “Scan and Send” from the printer’s main menu. 4. Select “Send to myself.” 5. Select your email address. 6. Press the green button to begin scanning. You will receive an email with your scan as an attached PDF.
1. Go to the library catalog (libcat.svc.edu). 2. Search for a book. 3. Click on the book title to view its details. 4. Select “Place hold” from the menu on the right.
Visit the library catalog (libcat.svc.edu). Your login is the same as your SVC email and computer login. Do not include "@svc.edu" in your username.
1. Go to the library catalog (libcat.svc.edu). 2. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. 3. On the "Your Summary" page, you can view the details of every book you have checked out. Check the "Renew" box for every item you would like renewed, then click the "Renew Selected" button.
1. Scan your Student ID 2. Select "Copy" from the printer's main menu. 2. Place papers face-down on the glass or face-up in the document feeder. 3. Press the green button to begin copying.
Powered by LibraryH3lp